Modernisation Project Summary
As part of Four Seasons nursing care group, Norwood Green Care Home is set in landscaped gardens, situated in a quiet residential area with pleasant views over the park in Ealing. The home offers residential care for those who need help with daily tasks, and nursing care for people who have complex medical needs. They also provide both residential dementia care and nursing dementia care for residents who require it. They also provide respite care to give family or friends a well-earned break.
Existing Lift Installation
The lift was a 3 floor 1000kg/13 person hydraulic passenger lift in a self supporting steel structure dating back to the mid 1990’s. The lift installation was out of service and identified as requiring a full replacement by the client. Upon receiving a quotation for a full lift replacement from the current national service provider, the client felt that the offer was extremely high and came to Concept for a second opinion / alternative solution. Concept put forward a modernisation package that provided value to the customer in so much that it was more than over half the price in project cost and half the time on site.
Summary of Modernisation Works
- Full Hydroelite control system and hydraulic package.
- New landing stations, Landing indicators and Car Operating Panel.
- New Global door operator, Car Door, Car Sill and Landing Equipment.
- New Car reline with the finishes chosen by the client.
- Lifting Beam Test.
- New Ropes, Anchorages and Equipment re-plumbed, inspected and set up to give optimum performance.
- New certified Electrics by a qualified NIC EIC electrical contractor.
- Skip and Site Storage
- Re-installation of security Keypads and Warden Call System.
- Testing and Commissioning of Lift.
- Formal customer hand over.
This lift was planned over a challenging two week period. Using a specialist hydraulic lift sub-contractor and car re-line specialist and a few trusted regular contractors. The work was completed on time to a very high standard. Where the lift was tested, commissioned and put into service the very same day, The customer was extremely delighted with the results which have led to further modernisation opportunities of a similar nature and opened up discussions about the possibility of maintenance work for the group
Norwood Green Care Home,